"The Bourne Legacy" (2012)- Review


When a critic said, "The Bourne Legacy disgraces the family name," that sums up this movie perfectly, in my opinion, I think also. I was reading a lot of NEGATIVE reviews about this movie before I saw it, but almost every film critic has something flippant or rude to say about every movie almost, but this one was head on. I was very disappointed in it. I have NOT read any of the novels, but Renner was just running away and away from the bad guys whereas Damon would have run from them, saved his love, if he had any, and kill. Renner did not kill anyone except maybe 3 or 4 people-other than that, he was fighting the entire 2 hours and 15 minutes. I was dozing to sleep all throughout the movie. Definite bad sign. Damon said that this script was not right for him and that is why he does not make an appearance or stars in the film as he did in the first three Bourne films in the series. I cannot fault him because this movie was awful. I mean the action scenes were not all that suspenseful and was not that action-packed to say the least. Renner did kick some butt in a few scenes and his fighting was awesome, but that is all the good that I have to and can say about this movie. Weisz CANNOT act worth a damn in this movie, I am not sure how she acts in other movies, but her acting was terrible in this movie. Even if she had to be a scared and timid character, she could not capture the screen portraying that role! She was just plain and very utterly original! Every time I saw a scene that she was in I wanted to barf! It was horrific to sit and watch! I mean a movie this long and I have been a fan of the first three films and I had no choice but to sit there and watch this-it felt like torture. I kept on twisting and turning in my seat and laying my head on the empty seat next to me trying to keep my eyes open, yes.....it is true..in a damn BOURNE ACTION FILM!-is that even possible falling asleep in an action film? I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to see it at a screening opposed to paying $10 to see it on Opening Weekend! I would have demanded a Re-Admit pass. If this movie takes out The Dark Knight Rises, I will call the Avengers to take out Jeremy Renner and Aaron Cross and have someone else be Hawkeye! The End!

Comments