"Admission" (2013)- Review


The movie was not as funny and upbeat as I expected it to be. Paul Rudd was not really funny with his words, but more so with his actions and facial expressions. This movie really gives a lot of behind-the scenes insight on the admissions process and all that it involves. I really wish we would have found out the identity of Fey’s mystery son, though! I was very impressed with how it kept my attention even though I was not laughing my eyes out as I wanted to. There were certain portions of the film where it was kind of emotional for me simply because of how Fey had to read all of the candidates’ personal statements and give her recommendation for admittance. The way that the admissions team accepted and rejected the candidates at the end of the movie was funny to me. Lol! There really isn't much more I can say about the movie. The actress who portrayed Fey’s mother was funny-not hilarious, but plain funny if that makes sense to you. It was really original and nothing out of the ordinary happened because it was an ordinary movie. I will not say that it was lame, but it could have been better, but it was still very enjoyable and cute. Rudd and Fey really work well together as does she with Carrell in Date Night. They are always pairing her up with a comedian like herself! HaHa!

Comments