"Oz: The Great & Powerful" in IMAX 3D (2013)- Review


Absolutely magical & enchanting! The 3D is just phenomenal! There was not much 3D, but the parts that were-they were sensationally done! There is so much I want to praise about this movie that I don't know where to begin. It felt as if this was a 2013 prequel to the original in the sense that the characters were talking and using up-to-date words and slang's to say this took place in Kansas in 1905. Lol! There were certain scenes throughout the film that made me flash back to The Wizard of Oz. The movie brings out your inner-kid and fairy tales. It was like seeing the classic film on the Big Screen to be honest. Kunis and Franco had intense on-screen chemistry when they first met in the film. I could feel it. The little glass girl and the flying monkey were the "little major characters" because they really made me laugh at their facial expressions and the things they did even though it was voice-animated. The opening credits were simply genius!!! I loved how the movie opened...just a square black and white box in the center of the screen and then the screen expands into this great colossal colorful land filled with mystery and intrigue! It was exciting! I saw it in IMAX 3D & James Franco did a excellent job acting as a goofball/Wizard of Oz!

Comments