"The Great Wall" → Collapses!

Film Synopsis: European mercenaries searching for black powder become embroiled in the defense of the Great Wall of China against a horde of monstrous creatures. 



The movie started off good & somewhat strong in 3D. I opted in to see the 3D version of the film (EARLY ADVICE- the 3D stops after the first monstrous attack). I'm not completely sure what happened after that, but it went downhill. No barriers could keep this wall up- it broke & shattered all the way down.



I am a huge fan of Matt Damon's work and I will see any and everything that he stars in no matter if it will be a flop or not to be honest with you! This movie falls into that category! The one true thing that I can say about this film was that the tone/vibe was on-point for the opening sequence especially the Chinese aspect of it all. It made me feel like I was really there! That was immaculate to me!




The movie was all about finding the black powder. That was the entire plot of the film. Nothing about the history of the Wall or any relevant information was given except in the very beginning with two sentences about The Great Wall. Better luck next time, Matt!



It wasn't what I was expecting- steer clear of this film unless you are going to be in China and you are TOURING.........LITERALLY touring The Great Wall. That would be more fascinating than sitting in this movie learning and seeing nothing exciting!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"A Cure For Wellness" → Has A Faint Pulse

"Hidden Figures" → Soars & Sky Rockets!

"Power Rangers" → Pretty Average!