"How To Be A Latin Lover" → Loved It!

Film Synopsis: Finding himself dumped after 25 years of marriage, Maximo (Eugenio Derbez) who made a career out of seducing rich older women must move in with his estranged sister (Salma Hayek) where he quickly begins to learn the value of family.



What a great movie! I will say that I had my doubts about it. I was wavering back & fourth even though I loved all the clips and trailers that debuted online about it and when I saw the trailer in the movie theater, I laughed out loud every time, but still had doubts. 


I NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER listen to a word that movie critics write about movies because they bash each & every last film even if it is a box office blast success! With that little rant of mine out of the way-- I will say when I did see that it came in second place at the Box Office opening weekend, I was very pleased to buy a ticket and see it.



I have never laughed so hard at a movie since I cannot even recall. THE ENTIRE CAST WAS HILARIOUS! Starting with Maximo....he was just stupid funny. Then there was his best friend played by Rob Lowe....and the faces and expressions that Salma said and did was hysterical! I felt that Hugo, Maximo, and Sara were a family in REAL life.



They had the on-screen chemistry going 100% perfectly! No lie! The shoe polish scene was the funniest scene of all for me to watch & the things/moves that Maximo taught Hugo was hilarious! When Maximo let Hugo drive to pick up his mom, the way that Sara reacted to it was - epic! 



Salma really acted like the concerned and overprotective dedicated mother! She nailed her role! I loved the bonding that Hugo and Maximo did, but hated it towards the end because I knew the truth would come out as to why he was bonding with his little nephew and, I did not want to see that! 



I am thinking about the wheelchair scenes now....there was something funny done every 5 minutes.... the movie was funny and I am so glad that I decided to see it! 



If you need a laugh...not a s**tty laugh (no pun intended)- go see this movie 'cuz you cat-a-do whatcha cat-a-do.....hint hint....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"A Cure For Wellness" → Has A Faint Pulse

"Hidden Figures" → Soars & Sky Rockets!

"Power Rangers" → Pretty Average!