"Alien: Covenant" → A Gory Mess!

Film Synopsis: Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant, which includes Walter (Michael Fassbender), an android similar to David (a survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition), find what they believe to be an uncharted paradise. It soon reveals itself to be a dark & dangerous world inhabited by the original David and monstrous creatures that begin to hunt them down! 


This goes beyond the scope of gory...in my opinion! I like horror, suspense, and gruesome imagery in movies just as much as the next person, but this was just- overboard! 



Truthfully, I was totally freaked out by two things: one being that there were slight gay moments in the film that I did not seeing coming and the second is the fact that the imagery was very intense and too too gruesome!




I mean two men kissing, to men married, etc. I was like is this the new age type of Alien genre? Lol! Don't get me wrong. I loved the movie- it had all the successful elements to be a huge hit which it was, but I felt like the aliens were just using the humans as surrogates to make more aliens born and to kill everyone. 



It was like that- to me..only to me. You may see it differently, though. I could not sit and relax feeling as though something was crawling all over me. In movies like this, that is EXACTLY how I feel. 



Just like when I watched Snakes On A Plane (imagine it) or even Anaconda (very obvious). You get that "certain feeling" because you are getting that creepy out. The entire movie was enjoyable and I can see how the move could and would attract millions who have been following it like I have, but I feel this one was on the grander scheme of all the other films.



Just because I got freaked out does not mean I did NOT like it. I did, but I will not go to see it again. Seeing that facehugger and all those very gruesome scenes in the film just cannot escape my mind and I know that it is all fiction, but still. It was.....it was something! Lol!



If you've got a strong stomach, I say go for it! If you have been following all the Alien movies-- I say go for it! If you want to be where the crew was and wish you were them, I say go for it because once you are in that situation, I guarantee you, that you will wish you were back in the theater and seeing it. 



I cannot image what the film would have been like if I were to have chosen to see it in 3D! Ohhhhh, hellll to the no! Lol!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"A Cure For Wellness" → Has A Faint Pulse

"Hidden Figures" → Soars & Sky Rockets!

"Power Rangers" → Pretty Average!