Baby Driver → Baby Stays On Top!

Film Synopsis: After being coerced into working for a crime boss (Kevin Spacey), a young getaway driver (Ansel Elgort) finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail...


I had an opportunity to see the movie at an early private advanced screening on 5/31/17 & it was awesomely amazing to say the least! Do you know how when you see a movie for the first time and the film is so great and flawless- you simply can't seem to see anyone else portray that role than the one person whom you saw? 



But you are also aware that they most likely auditioned hundreds of other actors before making that final choice? That is Ansel Elgort! After seeing this film, I simply cannot see how anyone else could have played the role of baby. I just can't! There is no way! He was a NATURAL! 



I couldn't find one single flaw- he added slices of humor whenever he did sing or mock a song and dance to a song for his foster father. Ansel actually is a really good singer as well. You should check out his work! Seriously! Another reason he excels in this movie, he sings in real life so it was easy for him to jam to tunes while driving while making his character his very own self in a way. 



I am a huge fan of Ansel and would love to meet him one day. I could go on and on and brag about how awesome he was in the film. The manner in which he introduces himself to Deborah in the coffee shop was just magical! When she asked what his name was and he took three seconds to look up @ her in slow motion & then to smile with that baby face smile about himself and say, "Baby." 



That was the climax of the film for me. I was waiting for that part ever since I saw it in the trailer for the film! The actor who portrayed his foster father, even though he was deaf, he was still funny. I love how even in life or death situations in movies, comedy can still be used even if it is nothing but a facial expression or a funny sign language expression. 



When Leon aka Bats, played by Jamie Foxx came into the picture, his role added the hardcore attitude and action. I made a wish for him, but will keep you at bay to wonder if it came true or not. The one thing that was funny about Baby WAS THAT HE ALWAYS HAD SUNGLASSES ON AND WAS LISTENING TO MUSIC 24/7 and never moved when Doc was going over the plans for his heists and Baby looked like a retard and Griff actually asked him that. 



Who wouldn't? Lol! You still gotta love the kid because he was an all-around stand up young man! To close, I admired the opening sequence to the film. It set the entire tone for it. The Director and every involved in making this film gets two thumbs up; a 10/10! 100% in my book! 



I loved taking this ride & whenever I need a driver, Taxi, Lyft, or Uber...Baby better be the driver and by Baby, I mean Ansel Elgort! Ha! How cool would that be? Baby was a pizza driver in the film so why not one of these drivers, right?


Yes, I am praising Ansel again! And again! Did you "hear" me? I am not slow...I just want you to know! Lol!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Cure For Wellness → Has A Faint Pulse

Hidden Figures → Soars & Sky Rockets!

Power Rangers → Pretty Average!