"Wish Upon" → Wishes Successfully Granted!

Film Synopsis: A teenage girl (Joey King) discovers a box that carries magical powers & a very deadly price for using them.


I had been eagerly awaiting the arrival for this film ever since I heard and read about it. 

I am a huge fan of horror films. Always have been- but there was some thing that piqued my interest with one. It wasn't like the REGULAR EVERYDAY normal films. There was a little mystery with it. 



Not like make 7 wishes and then you die. It took it a step further. Claire, basically was a high school kid that got bullied and she fought back by finding her own power within herself to stand up to others, but then when the box came to her (courtesy of someone- not telling whom) she succumbed to its magical charms- wanting more & more of its power.



She was NOT fulling paying attention of its supernatural repercussions to her wishes. She let what the box was giving her cloud her judgement and the type of person that she was. 



It took her two best friends and especially her classmate, Ryan to decipher what was written on the box and what it meant. 



The brutal and literal killings is what kept me on the edge of my seat. I knew that they were going to happen, but I was like gripping my seat in the theater saying, "oh, no, no,no, no, no....please!" I am begging for these things not to happen. 



I was holding my breath! I love when there things happen to me in a horror film- that means its good, it is drawing me in and this film did that! 



The ending was like a big slap in the face! You never would have even suspected it! Never...in....a thousand....years! BAM!



Comments