"Nobody" - Review




Film Synopsis
:
 Hutch Mansell (played by Bob Odenkirk) is an underestimated & overlooked dad and husband, taking life's indignities on the chin and never pushing back. A nobody. When two thieves break into his suburban home one night, Hutch declines to defend himself or his family, hoping to prevent serious violence. The aftermath of this will cause secrets from his past to surface to ensure that he will never be underestimated as a nobody ever again! Does this sound like something awesome - or what?



TRAVIS' GRADE GIVEN: {B-}
Genre: Crime, Action, Drama
Release Date: Mar. 26th, 2021


Never Underestimate......Somebody.....Take A Look......



Travis' Breakdown:


I'm trying to figure out where - and how to start my rating for the film, actually. I will say this about it though: IT IS NO JOHN WICK AND CANNOT EVEN BE CLOSE TO ANY OF THE JOHN WICK FILMS! I can say that because those films are all about planning and precision. To be brutally honest, I think people are lifting this film to be some fantastic, post-COVID blockbuster when really it was nothing but an action film with a bunch of actors that I have never even heard of before except Christopher Lloyd. The main actor, I'd never herd of ever to be truthful - maybe I have never watched anything that he had been in, but in this movie he was kickin' some butt!


The character in this film did NOT carefully executed or plan anything; to a very bare minimum he did, yes, but not as John Wick does. From the moment that the preview for this film aired that is all that I heard from people that this is another John Wick film. No in deed not! The film was good, but too much emphasis was placed, I feel on Hutch's very repetitious weekly and daily "boring" aka [NOBODY] schedule. 


I was thinking to myself when the movie began - the concept of introducing Hutch the way that they did set the total tone and vibe for the moving so that audiences could better adapt to his chatter and understand why the title of film is called, in fact, a nobody because of his life - his daily routing. It was something of a nobody.


In summarizing up the movie, I can say that the movie was all about a man who people assumed was a nobody from his age, and the way that he looked that no one could ever even expect him to fight and have the skills and mindset that he did to do the things that he did and that was the premise of the entire film - NEVER UNDERESTIMATE ANYONE AT ANYTIME.....ANYWHERE! 


That was the message that I got from the film. Later on, as the film progresses, Hutch reveals some vital information to some people about his life as to how it relates to how he became a nobody. There is a serious underlying message in the story beneath all of the violence and brutal killing and fighting. In closing, the killings were vile and gory - very up close and personal and it was an action packed movie, just not what I was expecting it to be. It is an enjoyable 'lil movie, I won't lie to you!

#TravisMovieReviews Thanks YOU & Hopes YOU Will Visit For My Next Review!



2 Comments

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

  1. I'll just wait til it's on video lol. I like him as an actor! Thx Travis!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be brutally honest, I had NEVER even heard of him until this movie. Do not even judge me, Amy! Lol! Just because I am a movie buff does not mean I know everything and everyone, Missy! Lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post