"A Quiet Place: Part II" - Review


Film Synopsis
: Following the events at home, the Abbott family (
played by Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, & Noah Jupe) now face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to venture into the  unknown, they realize the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats lurking beyond the sand path!


TRAVIS' GRADE GIVEN: {B+}
Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi, & Horror
Release Date: May 28th, 2021


Shhhhh! Be Very Still & Quiet When You Watch:



Travis' Breakdown:


I've actually been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this sequel for quite some time now - when I heard of its inception - I was in complete surprise just like Krasinski (the Director) said -- he was actually not looking to direct or make a sequel. 


This was not as good as its predecessor; I must say that. There was not a lot of creatures and creaking noises and just terror in this film as there was in the first and if you saw the first, you will pick up on that throughout the film as it progresses onward. I have to compliment the young actress Millicent Simmonds who portrays the deaf daughter.

 
The actress who portrays her - I am not aware if you all know this about her or not, but she is totally deaf in real life due to an overdose of a medication and she has always wanted to act and she does act as an actress to prove that no matter if you have a disability of any sorts you can still make YOUR dreams come true and fulfill it and she is doing just that! She is not letting her deafness stop her from acting. 


I must compliment her on her tenacity. Also connecting onto that point, her character, Regan also had the courage to save others from the creatures devastation and destruction in the movie just as her father, Lee wanted to in the first film. It is just so profound at how this girl at such at young age can have this sort of effect on me what she is doing in her real life and what her character did in this movie at such a young age - it is all connected. 


Can you see that? I MOST certainly can! I would like to move on to as soon as the film first comes on - it will confuse you just a tad, but you will have to go online to find out its meaning and significance as to why Lee Abbott was seen in this flashback. 


The performances from Emily Blunt and Cillian Murphy was off the charts and could not get any better! There is not much more I can say, but PRAISE THEM!

#TravisMovieReviews Thanks YOU & Hopes YOU Will Visit For My Next Review!

8 Comments

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

  1. I'm so friggin excited!! I've been waiting impatiently😱. Thanks Travis!! I'll see it Sunday❤️🔇🔇🔇❤️❤️❤️🔇🔇🔇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been my pleasure to always rate for you in particular, Amy! I love your feedback my dear! Xoxox

      Delete
  2. Travis I really don’t watch horror films. But you have made this sound so intriguing that I might consider getting someone to watch it with me😂🌻🌻 Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that my words can convince a strong and independent woman such as yourself to give this a chance, but you MUST watch the FIRST film to understand the second one which is this one! FYI!

      Delete
  3. Very good review. Yes this movie exceeded my expectations. John Krasinski shows he's not only a great actor buddy superb director as well and Emily Blunt is just perfect every time and from like he said this was not even meant to be a franchise I cannot wait for the third movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your excellent review. It was very good film with phenomenal acting. This was filmed in WNY right where I like so it was cool to see places I know. I hope they make a 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything in NY to be perfectly honest with you - you are mighty lucky to be in one of the hottest filming location in the USA! If John does make a third, I hope it is as good as the first one because this second one was pretty average to me, but the ending was a beast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post