"Judas & The Black Messiah" - Review


Film Synopsis
: In the late 1960's, petty criminal, William "Wild Bill" O'Neal (played by 
Lakeith Stanfield) agrees to work as an informant for the FBI in order to take down Black Panther Party chairman, Fred Hampton (played by Daniel Kaluuya). Do you believe in this kind of justice? What is this to you?



TRAVIS' GRADE GIVEN: {A+}
Genre: History, Biography, & Crime
Release Date: Feb. 12th, 2021



Fighting For Equality - It's A Fight, Alright...



Travis' Breakdown:


I have NO words. I am still literally numb. For movies like this - I always feel the same way........the SAME exact way: numb, frozen, and just in total dismay at what I saw and how much injustice there was back then and still is now today and it is 2021. 


When I use to watch movies and hear people wish for those two words, "world and peace", I used to think to myself that could possibly happen decades from now, but here we are in a new millennium; in a new world, a new era and there are still many innocent men and women who are incarcerated for crimes that they did not commit or wrongfully accused because of their skin color or they are racially profiled or for some other ridiculous type of stereotypical behavior with no substantial evidence and are losing their life because of charges that can be fudged or was illegally obtained. 


While watching this film, all of these feelings and emotions came over me and it just was not right. I cannot say that it is just only people of color who are scared with such a terrible stigma of hatred towards them. You can be any color to be brutally honest. Hatred, as my father brought me up to believe is a trait that is NOT inherited by anyone - it IS taught? Do you agree with that? 


Just think about it silently to yourself for moment and answer it for yourselves. There was a scene in the film where Agent Mitchell's boss, Director of the FBI, J. Edgar Hoover asked him one simple question and it was straightforward & direct. He asked him point blank, "what would you do if your daughter brought a negro into your home?" Agent Mitchell kept avoiding the question with evasive response until finally he just replied that his daughter is only an infant.


 Director Hoover then replied to him that still was not an response until then Agent Mitchell replied to him, "she won't." I told you that part of the film to solidify a point; the point is that when Agent Mitchell said that he was telling Director Hoover that he WOULD be teaching his daughter to be prejudice and to not like or even affiliate with the black race. 


Do you think he was telling his boss that to get him off his back - or did he really mean it because he was working with Mr. O' Neal to catch Chairman Fred Hampton? That is the thing about criminal acts - you never know who is playing who and who is real culprit and who is fake; whom you can trust and who will back stab you in the back. There was NOTHING criminal that Fred Hampton or the Black Panthers were doing except trying to make things better for the black people. 


Again, another lesson that my father taught me, everyone is treated fairly, but not everyone is treated equally and that is all Chairman Fred Hampton was fighting for. This was an intense film to watch and for the FBI to have that much animosity towards a man who wanted equal rights for his own people and to make the world for blacks better. To have him eliminated for that was not only immoral and criminal, it was just.....I have no words for it. 


Everyone in the film deserves a standing ovation especially Ms. Dominique Fishback who portrayed Hampton's love interest in the film! She stood up for what was right, ALWAYS spoke not only her mind, but her TRUTH, and she deserves the biggest "RIGHT ON" that there is!

#TravisMovieReviews Thanks YOU & Hopes YOU Visit For My Next Review!


11 Comments

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

  1. Oooh wow!!! I had a feeling this was going to be crazy good. Eye opening and wishful thinking😥. I'm looking forward to seeing!! Thanks for your review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! It is eye opening. I love films like this - but then again, I do not hate films like this, but hate what African Americans had to endure back then.

      Delete
  2. Great review🌻🌻🌻✊🏾✊🏿✊🏽

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow This Sounds Like A Good Movie.. Great Review Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I am about to watch it right now because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last comment was mine lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said...well done!
    Rachelle ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post