"The Unholy" - Review



Film Synopsis: After a supposed visitation from the Virgin Mary, Alice (played by Cricket Brown), a young hearing-impaired girl, is inexplicably able to hear, speak, and heal the sick. As word spreads & people from near and  far flock to witness her miracles, a disgraced journalist (played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan) hoping to revive his career visits the small New England town to investigate. When terrifying events begin to happen all around, the begins to question if these phenomena are truly the works of the Virgin Mary - or some thing much more sinister....what would you do?



TRAVIS' GRADE GIVEN: {D-}
Genre: Horror
Release Date: Apr. 2nd, 2021




Need A Scary Reminder Of What's To Come?



Travis' Breakdown:


The ONLY and I do mean the ONLY thing that came to my mind IMMEDIATELY when I first saw the trailer for this movie, and read the plot was that some satanic entity posing as the Blessed Mary wanted to claim someone good, pure, very weak, and innocent to do their evil bidding & evil works for her. 


The movie was a very religious bore - I kept on tossing & turning in my seat in the auditorium to be perfectly honest with you! I mean, when movies come to the theaters that are not advertised even half as much as big blockbuster films & no one mentions them to you - you KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that you will have your suspicions about them. This was one of those type of films just like that film if you can recall that came out a little while back called, "The Empty Man." This movie was just like that - empty.


The bible verse that came to mind was Matthew 7:15 and it reads: {"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves."} That is what this ENTIRE film was about & that is  the objective that the world needs to grasp and understand. There are so many people out there that try and pretend to be sheep (nice, funny, kind, sincere, generous, etc.) but inwardly they are wolves (racist, negative, filthy, low down, nasty, dirty, foul, disgusting, etc.) 


These wolves try to attack TRUE loving and loyal human beings and try to exploit to kind-hearted good nature that they have if there will is NOT strong enough try to break them and tear them down. My father drills into my head very valuable life lessons all of the time and this one I am about to say is one that fits for this rating and it is simply this: he tells me that a person can only PRETEND (aka "the sheep") before they show their real true colors (aka "the wolves") of who they really are. 


See the connection I made there? It makes a lot of sense when you actually think about it for a moment doesn't it? That is all this movie is about - seeing how easily vulnerable you can be to believing something that you WANT to be real or KNOWING that it is real and knowing when and if you are truly being manipulated. 


As a whole, the movie was horrible and that is why I gave it a "D" as I did, but the message of what the film stands for and that bible verse that the film was centered around deserves a standing ovation! No doubt about that!

#TravisMovieReviews Thanks YOU & Hopes YOU Will Visit For My Next Review!


4 Comments

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

  1. I knew I wouldn’t be interested in watching this movie the moment I clicked the link. No thank you lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can survive in the Dirty South, you can survive the night watching this!

      Delete
  2. I had the same thought when I saw the trailer. I was going to skip this anyway but your review definitely solidifies my decision. Another fantastic review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions my friend and you can only make choices based on what I write and what your instincts tell you. Good choice - but the overall message is still clear and a part of life too so still be aware, very much alert, and vigilant! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post