"Antebellum" Can Either Make You Numb Or Continue In Your Ways Of Thinking Racially Dumb!

Travis' Grade Of: [A+]

Would I recommend YOU to pay to see this ON DEMAND? OH YEAH! THIS IS A MOVIE THAT SHOULD NOT BE MISSED! IT SHOULD HAVE WENT TO THEATERS IN MY OPINION! THIS IS AN OSCAR WORTHY FILM!


My Critique On "Antebellum" is this - I will NOT try and give anything away, but I HAVE to say one thing - I would not say that this should be classified in the "horror" genre classification category. In my very candid opinion.....the very first 30-35 minutes of the film, what I saw was hard (considering we all know how slaves were treated in this time and it was to be expected)......


Film Synopsis: Successful author, Veronica Henley (played by Janelle Monae) finds herself trapped in a horrifying reality and must uncover the mind-bending mystery before its too late!

Classification of Film: Drama, Horror, & Mystery



......and very disturbing to watch. I'd say that was scary, but not scary as if I was watching a true horror film like Halloween or Chucky, per se. I have to get into Monae's performance. 


She....was......BRILLIANT! The thing that captivated not only me about this movie, but her performance was the fact that I was NOT ready for the twist in the film! THAT WAS A TWIST THAT I WAS NOT READY FOR AND DID NOT SEE COMING. The clues are there if you really look and play real close attention in the beginning of the film and it is kind of slick when you stop to think about it. 


It is hard to watch the first 30-35 minutes of the film and you want to look away because it is so brutal and hard, but if you look away you will not be able to figure out what the twist is because that is where all the clues are. Maybe that is the point? I have never seen a movie like this before and it really even was not all about slavery once the movie is over with and all is said and done. I was so enticed by the trailer because I had never seen a movie before where I saw the past like that and then such a bright and colorful present or future.


The trailer left me with just so many questions and I was intrigued with how it was all just going to play out and that is how a movie and a a movie trailer is supposed to be. I will buy this when it comes out on DVD. I am buying this because of the writing and for Monae. 


I would have loved to have seen this in movie theaters if the pandemic would have have hit. This has been on my movie list since I heard about it and it was film in New Orleans where I reside too. Hell yeah! I support NOLA films and African American actors! Hands down, this is one the best films that I have seen in 2020! This film left nothing unanswered and was far from predictable! 


Great job to the writers, the cast, the crew, and a standing ovation to Ms. Janelle Monae! A DYNAMIC woman playing one DYNAMIC role!


THIS MOVIE IS 100% WORTH SEEING!!! REDBOX IT! GET IT ON DEMAND! BUY IT ON DVD! THIS IS SO WORTH IT! IT HAS A TWIST THAT YOU WILL NOT EVEN SEE COMING!

2 Comments

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

  1. Wooohooo. Thank you!! Once again ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoohooooo! You are very much welcome and this was filmed in Louisiana by me. Just a FYI Fun Fact for ya.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post