"Tenet" Is Step In The Wrong Direction! It's A Backwards Roller Coaster Of Delirious Confusion & Migraines! Really, What Is Tenet After The Entire Film Is Over? What Are You Left With?

Travis' Grade Of: MY FIRST REVIEW WITH NO GRADE EVER! LITERALLY! IN HISTORY!]

Would I recommend YOU to pay to see this in the theater? HONESTLY, I HAVE TO SAY NO! AS MUCH AS MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS MOVIE AND THIS BEING THE BIGGEST AND HOTTEST BLOCKBUSTER TO SAVE THE MOVIE INDUSTRY AFTER THE PANDEMIC, THIS IS A MAJOR FALLBACK FOR DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN! NO LIE!


My Critique On "TENET" is this - I wasn't really amped up for this movie like probably the rest of the world or people whom are beloved followers and fans of the Legendary Director Sir Christopher Nolan who directed all of the Batman films.......





Film Synopsis: An action epic revolving around international espionage, time travel, and evolution. Possibly about a man (played by John David Washington) trying to prevent World War III through time travel & rebirth!

Classification of Film: Action & Sci-Fi


......but truth be told that well-known Directors can make flop movies just as much as Academy Award winning actors and actresses can  make flops as well. A perfect example is the actress Jennifer Lawrence. She made I'd say 4 or 5 movies and all of them bombed in the box office all in a row. 


I am not saying that this film necessarily will bomb, but everything that I am going to be writing about in this review of the movie is everything that you have or at least will be reading on either Rotten Tomatoes or the Net, social media of some sort, overhearing people chatting about it who have seen it early as I did, etc. and I am here to CONFIRM to you that everything that you hear NEGATIVE about it is legit 100% and it is right! 


If anyone says that they loved the film and understand it, ask them two questions for me, one, what is their IQ AND require to see proof and their photo ID; LOL and ask them to explain the film to you because that is what everyone and I do mean EVERYONE is talking about with the movie. After and even during the film, it is never even revealed what or who this big & mysterious one word, TENET is. 


The movie is one 3 hour long ball of confusion. I cannot say it is like Shutter Island or Inception because with those film, it was twisted, but you could figure out what was happening. But with this film, you cannot! I felt like Washington really did not do that good of a job and he could have had a better wardrobe. 


I felt that Nolan cold have had two better well-known actors to portray the two leads. This was the first film that  I had seen Robert Pattinson in since Twilight. Pattinson prefers to work on a lot of independent films and so that is why this was the first film that I had seen him in since his vampire days. Just because the film had shooting, killing, espionage, and all the elements to make an action and suspenseful movie does not meant that it will be a success. 


The reason that I cannot give the movie a grade overall is because I could not understand ANY OF IT. I will NOT go and see it again. If IT DOES MAKE THE MONEY BACK THAT IT NEEDS TO BREAK EVEN - that is good. I will never wish bad on any film even if it did not appeal to me. I want success for any and every film, but this was one that made no sense to me. 


I have to say even Jordan Peele's, "Us" made somewhat sense to me whereas this film made none - people swallowing bullet-type pills as a test; not knowing what was fake or real, nothing being explained, going back in time, forward in time, what was what. Too many unanswered question. I cannot even deal! The only things that I could grade in the movie would be individual things such as the acting; the special effects, directing, things like that; but the film as a whole - truthfully, I could not......Good Luck to you!


NO!! NO!! NO!!

2 Comments

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

  1. Replies
    1. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect yours. Thank you for your feedback and hope you still come back to read future reviews of mine. No hard feelings! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post