"The New Mutants" Shouldn't Have Been Made For The Big Screen & NO I'm Not Trying To Be Mean...This Movie Will Not Make Any Green!

Travis' Grade Of: [C-]

Would I recommend YOU to pay to see this in the theater? NO! NOT REALLY! REDBOX IT! THERE IS NO RUSH REALLY!





My Critique On "The New Mutants" is this - don't let the "flashy imagery" and "X-men action-type" scenes deceive you and all of the advertisements & trailers for the film fool you into seeing in either IMAX or even DOLBY like I did for that matter thinking that something magnificent will happen to keep you all hyped + amped up.....you will be waiting the entire 1 hour and 39 minutes......



Film Synopsis: Five young mutants, (played Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, & Henry Zaga) just discovering their abilities while held in a secret facility against their will, fight to escape their past sins and save themselves.

Classification of Film: Sci-Fi, Horror, & Action


.........Truth! I kid you NOT! If you were to ask me right now, literally, what my favorite part of the film was - I could not tell you. LITERALLY. I COULD NOT EVEN TELL YOU. I mean, there were parts that were mildly funny where I shook my head or gave a certain character a chuckle at what one of them said or did, but it does NOT go beyond that.


 Another truth that I can tell was that I was not REALLY....REALLY....REALLY....REALLY looking forward to seeing this one. I was just checking it out because I love the MARVEL films and with me being an AMC A-List Movie Member, I am not missing out OR losing anything by checking out movies that look interesting to me because I am actually NOT paying for the movie specifically - I am paying for a monthly movie membership to see any 3 movies weekly that I choose to see. 


That is the way I see it. Some I want to see and love and then there are bombs like this one was. There was one character in the entire movie that kept it spicy and interesting and that was the character of Illyana. 


He was a sassy 'lil mutant - but when it came time to use that mouth and that power to fight her deepest fear, of course she was scared, but then conquered it. That is what any movie is all about really where the plot of all about overcoming your fears. 


There was something that Dani's father told her in the movie that stuck with me and it makes sense - he told her the story of the "demon bear" and that when you are a child that the bear is small inside of you, and the more you are scared and AFRAID, the more you give it power to grow inside you and get bigger and stronger and that is why you wear the necklace of the tiny baby demon bear to remind you that YOU have the power not to give in and give the bear the power; YOU BE STRONGER and BIGGER AND DEFEAT whatever wants to hurt you! Don't be afraid- and DO NOT SURRENDER!



THIS MOVIE IS 50/50 WORTH SEEING!!!

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post