"The Empty Man" Has NO Plan & Needs To Go To Afghanistan!

 Travis' Grade Of: [D-]


Would I recommend YOU to pay to see this in the theater? IF YOU WANT 2 HOURS AND 17 MINUTES OF A DARK THEATER AND SPOOKY NOISES AND MEDIOCRE KILLINGS AND NOTHING REALLY TERRYIFYING TO HAPPEN AND YOU DON'T REALLY GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT BUT BOREDOM, THEN GO FOR IT! SURE!


My Critique On "The Empty Man" is this - it's EMPTY! Plain and simple! I mean it had the right....



Film Synopsis: After a group of teens from a small Midwestern town begin to mysteriously disappear, the locals believe it is the work of an urban legend known as The Empty Man. A retired cop named James, (played by James Badge Dale) investigates & struggles to make sense of the stories, he discovers a secretive group and their attempts to summon a horrific, mystical entity, and soon his life - and the lives of those close to him - are in grave danger!


Classification of Film: Crime, Drama, & Horror 





......tone & everything: spooky, dark, creepy, kids trying to summon an supernatural entity. All the elements that you would want to see the week before Halloween, but just does not deliver! Do you know what else was odd about this movie to me? 


There was NOT trailer to be found on this until 2 weeks before it hit theater and I had never heard of it until a few weeks ago. How and why is that? Hmmm... I wonder. 


I mean, I stayed for the entire duration of the film because it did pique my interest, but in all honesty, it felt like I was waiting for something big to happen that never did happen and the reviews and articles that I was reading online were saying what I was already thinking in my head about it to be truthful with you. 


I was thinking that this would be an "empty and soulless" movie just like The Slender Man." I so wanted to walk out of that 2018 non-horror film! It is like NO ONE can make a good horror film any more in this generation. I still did not get what showing what they showed in the beginning of the movie proved - or even explained. 


It explained half of the movie, but not everything and if it did explain everything, if flew right on by me because I will admit that I missed it and I will not watch it again to try and catch it. I will hope right online to try and catch it. Lol! I can do something else with 2 hours and 17 minutes of my time during this pandemic! 


The flashbacks of James ex-wife and that situation was revealed and I figured that out - there were some things I was able to figure out while others I just drew a blank! Maybe that is why the movie is called the Empty man. So many holes were not filled in this blank film....sad......so so sad!



THIS MOVIE IS FULL OF HOLES AND BLANKS AND IS TOTALLY EMPTY! IT IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post