"Half Brothers" May Be Different From Each Other - But There Still Blood Brothers!

Travis' Grade Of: [B-]


Would I recommend YOU to pay to see this in the theater? YES! THIS IS VERY FUNNY WITH MORE THAN A PINCH OF HEART-WARMING BROTHERLY BONDING AND JOYOUS LAUGHTER!  



My Critique On "Half Brothers" is this - it's all about bonding. What the picture just below demonstrates......




Film Synopsis: Renato (played by Luis Gerardo Mendez), a Mexican aviation executive, is shocked to learn that he has an American half-brother that he never knew about, the free-spirited Asher (played by Connor Del Rio). They are both forced on a road trip together, tracing the path their father (played by Jose Zuniga) took from Mexico to the United States.

Classification of Film: Comedy & Drama


......and to me the two brothers are toasting because they have formed a bond; a connection through the journey that their father placed them on together to not only learn about each other, but about their father, and what kind of man he truly was and NOT who they saw him to be or what he had always "become" once he had two different families and they realized that once they found the mysterious "ELOISE." 


I am telling you once I saw ELOISE for myself, I had to tear up just like Renato did because it laid the foundation in the beginning of the film, so you would know and understand why he cried when he finally saw, and met up with ELOISE and why she was so crucial to him. 


Yes, this movie is classified as a comedy.....but it is also classified as a DRAMA and there was a lot of complication/s rather than drama in this film personally. To me, speaking very candidly, just because a film is a comedy whether it has another genre of film with it or not does not mean that there is not a valuable life lesson to be attained out of it or not. 


There is a lesson to be learned in any movie and in anything anywhere and by anyone, I feel. Just my own personal observation and feeling. There was a reason that Renato's father never did come back to him, and Renato found out why on this journey with his brother Asher; there was a reason why Asher was a free spirit; there was a reason why Asher's father was not as close to him as he was to Renato and so much more - and you find out why on their journey; there was a reason for everything, and I invite you to go on the journey that Renato and Asher did to understand why these things happened. Am I intriguing you to find out more?


As I do not give spoilers in any of my reviews (well I tend not to) - these are all questions that you will find out once you see the movie and as it unfolds and it is kind of cool actually.


 See this movie and open and expand your mind to more than this being a comedy - but to it being a movie about brothers and a connection that can form with you filling in the blanks without having all the facts and finding out about yourself and your parents along the way....you'll be surprised to learn what you find out as Renato and Asher did.


THIS MOVIE IS TOTALLY WORTH SEEING! IT IS MORE THAN JUST A COMEDY - IT IS ABOUT A JOURNEY THAT ALL PEOPLE SHOULD MAKE - RELATED OR NOT.

4 Comments

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

  1. I think it sounds great. I love to laugh while watching a movie that leaves heartwarming feelings. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I feel kind of weird or odd myself laughing during a movie no matter what the genre is to be honest with you, but mixing a little laughter in is never a bad thing - even a chuckle! Right? Thank for reading my rating! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! Apparently, I live in a hole lol! Never heard of it! Now I will be in the look out!! Thanks Trav!! Appreciate what ya do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem! That is why I am and my website am here! I got u covered! XXOO

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did YOU think about the film - do you agree with me? Tell me.....

Previous Post Next Post